Doug TenNapel has a new Earthworm Jim Crowd Fund Monday and why that's a BIG deal for Crowd Funded Comic Books!

So I consider myself the *unofficial* biggest fan of Doug TenNapel's comic books so I was surprised to find out tonight that there is going to be another Earthworm Jim Crowd Fund on KICKSTARTER for those who missed out on the first one. I just heard of this.
                                                 

Personally I am excited because I keep kicking myself that I didn't back one of the Original Art tiers on IndieGoGO even though my wife had given me her blessing to do so. I plan to correct that wrong FIRST THING MONDAY morning most likely but that isn't what this blog post is really about...
                                       

What this blog post is about is how I want to stress that this campaign Monday is actually very important for crowd funded comics and its current fragile state.

Crowd funded comics, or if you prefer to call it comics gate, stands on the tip of a knife or if you will is at a crossroads. I think the next few months to a year will decide if the movement will have legs and grow and attract new consumers for all involved or if the bad  vocal minority elements will define it and clan together pushing other creators and real consumers away from the movement.

I do not enjoy watching the factions fight and clash and do not condone such actions on either side but I do feel competition is good and I would like to see backers prove a point Monday to all involved and really push Doug's crowd funding numbers to the next level.

A good natured competition between Doug TenNapel's Earthworm Jim and Ethan Van Sciver "King of All Social Media" the self defined "Cesar of ComicsGate" and creator of CyberFrog could really be great for the whole movement and really point the compass to the direction Crowd Funding will go in the future.
                           
For those who may not know CyberFrog was once arguably the biggest success in indieGoGo's comic book crowd funding's recent history. That was until Doug came out with his massively successful first campaign for Earthworm Jim. EWJ out raised the original CyberFrog campaigns apx. 550,000$ dollar campaign by raising nearly 900,000$. (forgive me for not remembering the exact numbers but these are certainly in the ballpark)
                                                   
This "defeat" seemed to bring out the competitive nature of EVS and he added more campaigns and eventually after the fifth or so finally announced that he had "passed the million dollar mark".
                                                           
At first I was struck with the absurdity of this. Not just the fact that he was comparing multiple campaigns to just one campaign but also to his need to brag about it. But it is clear to me now why someone like Ethan Van Sciver felt he had to do this... it is because deep down he felt Doug's success threatened his perceived position of power within comics gate. "Power resides where men believe it resides..."
                                                         
Even if Ethan Van Sciver will never admit it he had to on some level see the writing on the wall about Doug's Earthworm Jim success and he felt it could not stand uncontested. So he made a desperate show to prove he can be viewed as the most successful, current crowd funding champ.
It is clear to me that EVS desperately wants to control the future and talking points of comics gate and crowd funding's future, and he has proved in the past that he is wiling to use the anti-consumer troll group War Campaign to do so. Again, I have already wrote about why I think that style of leadership and community would be a bad thing for all involved.

To anyone who has backed or followed events on Twitter it should be clear that the way Doug handled and fulfilled his Earthworm Jim campaign should hold as the standard for crowd funding and this Monday all of you who think like-wise have a great opportunity to roundly beat Ethan Van Sciver at his own game and once and for all cement who is the true King of Crowd Funding by backing and sharing Doug's next cycle of the Earthworm Jim campaign.

I do not want you to back it just for the "LULS" or just because "it is your team" I want you to back it because it is heads and shoulders the superior product and also this style of crowd funding and interaction with the fan base is what is best for the movement as a whole. If you missed out on backing Earthworm Jim the first time this should be a no brainer now.
                                               
You don't have to take my word for it. Just got to YouTube where there are literally hundreds if not thousands of happy customers making fun unboxing videos of this comic that they bought for the lowest minimum tier and received something that blew away their expectations. I honestly challenge you to fine ONE negative video for any actual costumer. You can also often find them on MY TWITTER where I have an almost addiction to watching them from my recommendations and always sharing them on my time line. Also if you were one of the original backers and were shocked and surprised at the excellent value you got backing the minimum tier because other backers backed higher tiers you might decide to back this project again on Kickstarter to do the same for Doug and some new group of people who might enjoy the comic book.

 I don't have any monetary gain to push this comic, I do not have any crowd funded comic to shill and push one side of the conflict in hopes some leader on its side will advertise my book for me, and I have no monetized grifter YouTube channel to raise wars against other people in order to cash in on super chats: I am just a fan of Doug and a believer in consumer first crowd funded comic books.

So this Monday I challenge you to #BEATCESAR and to back the new Earthworm Jim Kickstarter and let's "TAKE COMICS-GATE BACK" and make it the pro consumer movement it was originally meant to be!!


Related videos Cyberfrog Review and Doug TenNapel's BigFootBill Review
                                                         








Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Red Rooster Part 2: Mitch Swirls Further Down the Drain.

Reviews: Literally and Villains of the Snow Sea

SoulFinder by Douglas Ernst and Timothy Lim: REVIEW