DOUG TENNAPEL JUST GAVE EARTHWORM JIM BACKERS 500$ to 900$ IN FREE GIFTS!


I think it is always important to give credit where credit is due in Indie Crowd Funded Comics when a creator goes out of their way and gives their customers more than they bargained for.
I did my best to express this once already about Doug TenNapel's Incredible IndidGoGo Campaign for Earthworm Jim and how he went above and beyond by giving everyone way more than they paid for, and it looks like Doug is at it again...

Doug created another Crowd FUNDING CAMPAIGN for EarthWorm Jim on KickStarter and I wrote another article why I felt people should back him because of his record for great customer service and how I planned to buy a tier with a page of Original Art Work because I regretted missing out on doing so the first time. This turned out to be a great bargain for me and everyone else who took the plunge and backed a tier for original art because Doug ended up gifting them all a second page of art, FOR FREE!

This was a very generous gesture for him to do and as far as I can tell he did so with no fan fair and no big public announcement tooting his own horn. From what I have seen the only announcement of this came as an email for backers who had bought the Original Art tier in the campaign.

Again, I cannot stress how great a gesture this was to his loyal backers and just how good a deal he is GIFTING them by giving them a page of original EARTHWORM JIM comic book art for free is.

I still can't help but think a lot of the crowd funding community does not know what original comic art book exactly is. It is the ultimate collectible for any comic book fan or any big time fan of a certain artist. Below is a video I recently made of my personal collection:

When you own a page of original art you own the exact, one of a kind page, that the artist you love HAND CREATED and drew and that was used to make the actual comic book. It is not the same as thing as a print, it is a HUGE piece of hand drawn art used to create the physical comic book and when you own it you are literally the only person in the world who can own it. It is one of a kind.

So Doug, unsolicited and just out of the kindness of his heart, took it upon himself to gift a free page of art to anyone who had backed it in the Earthworm Jim Kickstarter. This ended up being a 500$ to 900$ gift. FREE.

Doug had no responsibility to do such a thing for his backers and I think people should be aware of the kindness he shows those that support him. Doug, could have easily just kept the unsold pages back and put them up and sold them much later at a much higher price.

Anyone who collects and buys original comic book art, either from dealers or from eBay, knows just how valuable and sought after such art can be. Especially from such a well known and nostalgic property like Earthworm Jim.

I can only speak for myself how much such a gesture like what Doug as done means to someone like me who is just a regular, blue collar, working class guy. Backing a 500$ tier on a Kickstarter like Earthworm Jim was no small investment personally. It also makes me feel better for immediately deciding to back the original art tier on his new Bigfoot Bill 2: FINGER OF POSEIDON on IndieGoGo before finding out Doug was giving his generous gift to the EWJ backers.
You can always count on a creator like Doug TenNapel to treat his customers right and to make them feel good about backing his products.

So, I suggest to anyone reading this, to go and reward such proactive and consumer conscious actions and back Doug's BIGFOOT BILL 2: FINGER OF POSEIDON on IndieGoGo right now. It is already at 55,000$ bucks after just too days and is guaranteed to be a great deal for anyone who buys it. It also has a beautiful Sean Gordon Murphy cover.

I highly recommend getting the 300$ original art tier because it is the best bang for your buck in that campaign. You get two HUGE hardcover books, TWO original art head sketches and a ONE OF A KIND BigFoot Bill 2 original art page. Can't even imagine how he makes any money on that tier.

It is very important for the community to reward creators like Doug TenNapel who go out of their way to reward their backers. It is good for the whole industry because it will inspire other creators to do the same. We will get better quality products, they will get more loyal consumers and we to help continue to have a healthy and thriving community to create and produce awesome comics and protect a hobby that we all love and wish to see survive.
Thanks again Doug for setting the standard for everyone.

*BLOG UPDATE 3/7/2020* WOW! My art has already arrived from the EWJ kickstarter and man that was really fast! It is all incredible!

Below is the page I originally picked when I first backed:
I really loved this page when I first read the comic and seeing it in person was even much more amazing! I am always a sucker for a good SOUND EFFECT in a comic book and this is one of the better you will ever see! I couldn't be happier with it.

The next page below is the one I picked because of Doug being nice and gifting all original art backers a free page of original art:
This one was a STEAL. In this original post I said Doug gave his backers a 500-900$$ free gift but that was just a generic figure. I had backed the 500$ non_Earthworm Jim page tier but this freebie I value way over 500$. This is a splash page and shows the ship being destroyed after EWJ gives his life to save the world and his new friends. I have collected Original comic book art for over 20 years and I would personally value this page at around 1000$ bucks on Ebay... at least!

And last below you will see the Earthworm Jim Animation Cell I won from the cartoon.
This thing is amazing but I must admit I do not know much about Animation Cells and will have to do some research into exactly what they are but it is beautiful in person. I was lucky to win this because I never really read the whole text of the Kickstarter when I backed it and didn't even realize there was a giveaway for buying the original art. In the end only three people backed the original art tier so I ended up having pretty good odds. I am NEVER lucky so I am happy about that!

The art was shipped quickly and packed neatly. Even the protective slip for the original art pages was not the cheap thin kind but of a more high quality. I could not be more please with this purchase.

YOU WILL NEVER FIND a better person than Doug TenNapel to deal with in any crowd funded comic book campaign and I cannot recommend him enough.

Be sure to check out BigFoot Bill 2 on IndieGoGo and be sure to take an extra look at the original art tier there because you will be totally impressed to see his art in the "flesh"!

Update 3/25320 Unboxing video above...











Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Red Rooster Part 2: Mitch Swirls Further Down the Drain.

Reviews: Literally and Villains of the Snow Sea

SoulFinder by Douglas Ernst and Timothy Lim: REVIEW